Wednesday 9 March 2011

I have and start with good intentions but then motivation slowly slides away and its hard to catch it again. I love deviantart, because its there I tend to be able to catch my motivation and find my inspiration.

So lets begin, i've put an image up recently of my current project, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

I've read the book repeatedly and I spent forever drawing out the story line and and ideas for its characters, but it was to no avail. It wasnt till one day while i was walking to work that i saw a brightly coloured piece of street art, on the side of a shop. It hit me then, rather than copying the story line, copying the ideas using the characters, I decided to do my own take. My story is inspired by Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde not copying it.

I will be adding my drawings as I now have a sketch book nearly full dedicated to this project. I want to keep the motivation going, I want to be able to finish my final piece. Work in 3ds max and make my 1st successful 3min film.

Wish me luck

Lets begin...I've sketched out and transferred into photoshop the 1st murial of Dr jekylls life, his childhood.

Breakdown:

Watched since birth, yet born into a wealthy industrial family. Hands signify forever being trapped, someone/thing lurking in the background.
Brainwashed by tv to conform.
Evil always lurking as he grows with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment