Monday 30 November 2009

Nightmares

Well its been a while since my last blog, but I have been horrendously ill!! But through the dileriums of my fevers I have come up with a many bizarre and intreseting drawings and ideas.
My frog story is finished, although at the moment I am fighting with flash and its buttons, so I am debating wether to keep at it as its rather frustrating now, but will upload a few scenes. I think I did right in going down the childrens story/fable route.
ALSO... I think I should share with you all what kind of work really inspires me. Its a Animator by the name of Jan Svankmajer. His work is influenced by surrealism and nightmares and I love his work.
There are so many clips and films on youtube that I really recommend. Its very similar to work by Brothers Quay. Svankmajers best piece is definitly Alice, based around lewis carols story Alice in Wonderland. If you like bizarre nightmarish Stopframe Animations this guy is your number one person to check out. As you can probably tell I've been watching alot of his work in my feverish moments. Like to keep inspired.
Here is a link you have to check out http://www.jansvankmajer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment